PVC Suction Hose / Draft Hose
Rawhide Fire Hose is a supplier of the most flexible high-pressure PVC intake soft and hard suction hose in the market. Engineered to provide as much as a 24% tighter bend radius to deliver nonrigid movement. This reinforced PVC Suction Hose is designed for extended life due to high UV inhibitors applied during the manufacturing process. The clear rubber industrial PVC suction fire hose allows for visual indication of water movement and debris that may be inducted during intake and pump discharge. The field attachable coupling can easily be removed, virtually any place and at any time with a standard Allen type (hex) wrench.
Featuring aircraft aluminum # 6061-T couplings that are hard coated to Military spec Type III specification for added abrasion resistance and long service life.
Deliberate beveled segment edges are incorporated for easy loading into hose chutes on most apparatus. The all-metal segment collars secure coupling to the hose section by virtue of a helix matching groove arrangement that aligns with the hose. All metal roller bearings in the female swivels assure a long service life. There are NO plastic integral components in this high pressure soft and hard suction draft hose. Couplings and Hose are made and assembled in the U.S.A.
PVC Suction Hose / Draft Hose length is measured from the end of the couplings to the end of the couplings. Our 10ft. lengths are therefore 10 ft. end to end.
- Standard 10’ length rubber fire hose is measured from the end of coupling to end of the coupling
- Special – short or long – lengths can be made – call 800.321.3715 for pricing or contact-us
- 3” hoses 10 feet in length can be shipped via UPS or Fed-X ground
- 4”, 5”, and 6” hoses must ship via truck and must be delivered to a business with a freight dock height door. No residential deliveries.
- 5” & 6” rubber hoses are shipped straight-flat to reduce possible damage to the hose in transit
- Storz X NH connections on one length can be supplied – call 800.321.3715 or contact us to request pricing
- Folding Long Handle Female swivels are available and allow for ease of storing. Handles fold down and out of the way for storage and safe operation, then may be deployed, providing additional leverage for easy tightening of coupling.
- What is the difference between hard suction hose vs. soft suction hose?
A hose with a hard suction is designed to avoid collapse under pressured conditions so it can be used for drafting water from below the pump such as marine locations. The soft suction fire hose is designed to carry water between two points, such as hydrant to engine or engine to engine.
Choose your PVC Suction / Draft Hose Below